Since 2001, WINGS has contributed $975,000 to Northfield-area non-profits to support projects and programs that benefit local women or youth. WINGS accepts grants applications from mid-January to mid-March each year. Grants are awarded in June.
NOTE: The grant application process is currently closed. The next grant cycle will open in January 2019. However, general information about our grants process is listed below. Additional application materials and instructions will be posted on this website during the granting period.
General Information about Grants
Approximately 20 annual grants of varying amounts are given each year. Grants must be spent during the year received. WINGS seeks projects with an emphasis on the following areas:
- Housing Stability: Provide shelter and/or housing services to women and youth who are homeless or are at risk of homelessness.
- Food Stability: Increase access to healthy food for women and youth.
- Economic Stability: Increase economic stability for women and youth.
- Safe Environments: Support safe environments for women and youth.
- Elderly: Support safe environments and increase housing, food, and economic stability for the elderly.
- Early Learning: Support early learning efforts in preschool and elementary school for children facing economic barriers or from under-represented populations.
- Out-of-School Programs: Support access for youth with economic barriers or from under-represented populations to quality out-of-school programs to enhance academics, athletics or artistic endeavors.
- Special Needs/At-Risk Youth & Adults: Support the learning of vocational and life skills for special needs and/or at-risk youth and adults.
- Adult Learning: Support educational and developmental efforts of women facing economic barriers or from under-represented populations.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH
- Healthcare: Enable access to healthcare for women and youth who face economic barriers, a lack of insurance, or come from under-represented populations.
- Healthy Behaviors: Help engage youth and women in healthy, preventive behaviors.
- Technical Assistance: Support programs that deliver education and training to women and youth business owners/potential owners in areas such as business and financial planning, marketing and operations.
- Networking and Mentoring: Increase access to networking, mentoring and collaborative opportunities for women and youth business owners/potential owners.
- Funding: Support organizations that provide access to funding for businesses to women and youth through micro-loans and/or micro-grants.
WINGS prefers to fund programs/projects that:
- address financial need and increase access to opportunity
- offer a proactive, innovative approach to solving a community problem
- address systemic change
- build capacity by leveraging resources through partnerships with other funders
- enhance an organization’s abilities to carry out its mission
- result in tangible outcomes
- significantly impact the organization or the program
WINGS is a founding member of the “Northfield Promise: Every child. Cradle to career.” collective impact initiative. As such, WINGS seeks to align its funding to help more Northfield children and youth reach the 10 Northfield Promise benchmarks.
Grant Application Instructions/Forms
Please read all the instructions below before starting the application.
The WINGS Annual Grant Application must be submitted electronically. It consists of two parts:
- Online Data Form: If you are applying for multiple grants you need to submit a new Online Data Form with each application.
- Grant Application Form: We require both the application form and your organization’s financial statement or annual report. Save your application as a PDF and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter both the name of your organization and the project title in the subject line of the email. As a separate file, attach a copy of your organization’s financial statement or an annual report to the email, this should be included even if another application from the same organization has attached this information. Verification that your grant application was received should be emailed to you within 2 weeks of its receipt.
Contact Grants Chair, Alice Carson at email@example.com
NOTE: The grant application process is currently closed. The next grant cycle will open in January 2019.